The Lake Course
The Lake Course by Goose Pond Colony Resort
This course is a George Cobb design that opened in 1971. With its natural layout and views of the Tennessee River from every hole, the course has received many accolades over the past few years. Voted “most fun course to play in north Alabama” in 1995 and 1996 by the Dixie Section of the PGA, the course is listed in Golf Digest Places to Play with 4 stars 2008/2009. Host of the NJCAA Div II Men’s Golf Championship, The Lake Course by Goose Pond Colony Resort is enjoyed by pro and amateur alike.
Click to download PDF.
Course Rules and Courtesies
Thank you for observing the following course rules and courtesies when playing
The Lake Course at Goose Pond Colony.
1. USGA Rules of Golf govern all play.
2. Fences on the course are played as immovable objects.
3. Fence on left of #2 is out of bounds.
4. Fence on right of #10 is out of bounds.
5. Lateral water hazards are defined by red lines or stakes.
6. Water hazards are defined by yellow lines or stakes.
7. Ground under repair is defined by white lines.
Courtesies on the Course
1. All players must register at the Pro Shop.
2. Please use 90 degree cart cross over.
3. Please keep all carts and pull carts on the cart paths around greens and tees.
4. Please allow faster groups to play through.
5. Pace of play is monitored and will be enforced.
6. Par at Goose Pond Colony is a 4 hour round.
7. Please repair all ball marks, replace divots and rake bunkers.
8. Proper dress is required.
9. Please, no private coolers.