1. These rules are intended to provide for the enjoyment and protection of all campers using the Goose Pond campgrounds. These rules, in conjunction with the Board Policy CAMPGROUND RENTALS, govern campgrounds operations.
2. The Campground Manager has full authority for judgment regarding interpretation and enforcement of these rules.
3. SPEED LIMIT FOR EVERYONE IS 10 MPH. THERE ARE CHILDREN AND ADULTS WALKING, RIDING BIKES AND PLAYING.
4. A camping unit is defined as motor home, camping trailer, converted bus, van, pop-up tent, trailer, or camping tent. Camping units must be in good working order and have a neat appearance. All campers must be originally constructed as a camping unit or be approved by campground manager.
5. Rates are based on 4 people per campsite over age 12. Kids under 12 are free. $3.00 extra per person per night. For an additional $15/night charge, a camping tent can be placed on a rented campsite. Holiday rate is $20.00.
6. Campers must safely place and level their camping unit on assigned site without infringing upon neighboring sites.
7. Each camper can make use of storage units that can fit under trailer and not be an eyesore. One “rubber made” type storage unit the size of a storage cabinet or broom closet will be allowed per site. Other swings, chairs, grills are allowed; however there may not be an excessive number of these additional items. Only daily temporary clotheslines for drying out swimming apparel are allowed; they must not infringe on the other campsites nor be an eyesore or unduly obstruct the view of neighboring sites.
8. No tow-behind enclosed trailers are allowed.
9. Display passes in vehicle at all times, preferably on dash or hanging from rearview mirror. Camping equipment or tag from office must be placed on campsite immediately upon registering.
10. Normal length of stay is thirty (30) consecutive days on any site, except lots designated for short term rentals. Extension of stay is at the discretion of the campground manager.
11. Minors (under 18) are not allowed to rent a campsite. An adult (18 or older) must obtain the camping permit and occupy the site with all minors.
12. Only two (2) visitor vehicles are permitted per campsite. Visiting hours end at 10:00 PM except on Fridays and Saturdays, holidays and evenings before a holiday, when visiting hours end at 11:00 PM. Visitors must leave when the camping party checks out. You are responsible for your visitors and children.
13. Gray water and waste matter discharge onto campsite is prohibited. Use sanitary dump station for this purpose. While using sanitary dump station a hose is required. Do not dump portable type tanks in toilets at the bathhouses.
14. Washing of vehicles or campers is allowed upon payment of a of a $10 fee. Washing is to be done so as not to create a water runoff mess on any campsite.
15. Rental fee is to be paid up front. This is for daily, weekly or monthly rates. If you are a monthly camper, rental fee must be paid within 5 days of the due date. If payment is more than 5 days late, there is a $10 late fee plus $1 day for each day past the 5 day grace period. No refunds will be made after the site is occupied. Rain checks may be given in case of emergencies.
16. No permanent structures, fences, or excessive items placed around camper are allowed. No items shall be placed on a site that gives it the appearance of being a permanent site. No digging on any site is allowed. No tents or other temporary structures are allowed near the shoreline. No landscape type items are allowed. Nails or screws in trees are prohibited.
17. No decks are allowed. No storage tents allowed only temporary easy-ups and dining canopies. These are not allowed to remain for a period of longer than 14 days and only while camper is actively camping. If camper leaves the tent must be taken completely down until they return. Monthly campers if actively camping can leave up for 14 days and then it has to be taken down for 14 days.
18. All outside lights must be on a timer system or movement sensor to prevent them from staying on all night or during the day. No excessive lighting is allowed.
19. Campers are to keep all their items within their campsite. Be mindful of other campers’ needs for privacy and respect their rented campsites. Do not infringe on other campsites with vehicles, boats, hammocks, wood piles, etc. Two vehicles and two boats per lot.
20. Campfires are allowed except for dry seasons where the area is placed under a no burn order by the Fire Marshall’s Office. The campground office will post a notice at these times. Fires are not to be left unattended. Completely extinguish unattended fires. Firewood may only be collected as dead wood on the ground.
21. No fish cleaning in bathhouse sinks or any part of these facilities. Other campers are using the same shower, bathroom, and sink facilities. Be mindful of their needs and share the conveniences in a timely manner. Also, clean up after yourself and your family so that everyone can enjoy clean and sanitary facilities.
22.No pets allowed in bathhouse.
23. Quiet hours observed Sunday-Thursday from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM and Friday and Saturday, holidays and evening before holidays from 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Loud music or excessive noise is not allowed in consideration for other campers.
24. Boat launching must be accomplished at provided launch ramp. The dock at the boat ramp is a courtesy dock only. No boats should be left tied unattended. All other docks are to be shared among campers. They are used on a first come first serve basis. No boats or Jet Ski’s left in the water tied to a dock if person is not in the campground. If not using your boat be courteous with docks.
25. No four wheelers, motorized trail bikes, or go-carts allowed in campground. Golf carts are allowed but must abide by same rules as vehicles. You must be 16 years of age or accompanied by a responsible adult, stay on paved road, stay off walking trail, stay off golf course and abide by the 10 MPH speed limit. Any golf cart out after dark must have headlights and red taillights. No golf carts outside campgrounds after dark. Two rule violations and cart will have to leave campground.
26. All pets must be confined or be on a leash when outside. No pet may be left outside unattended whether chained, leashed or otherwise restrained. Clean up after your pet. All pets must be up to date on all legally required shots such as rabies, etc. Pets of any type that are a potential risk to the safety of our campers are not permitted on the campground at any time. Pets that become a threat to other campers will be directed to be removed.
26. Anyone parking vehicles or boats in vacant campsites will be expected to pay for the campsite.
27. Picnic tables cannot be moved from campsite. Only 1 table per site. Primitive area does not have picnic tables and tables should not be moved from regular sites to primitive area.
28. Swimming areas are not designated. No lifeguards or supervision is provided. Swim at your own risk. Swimming from courtesy docks or in boat launching areas is prohibited. Special rates for campers are available on request at campground office for swimming pool.
30. Dumpsters at the campground entrance and garbage cans located throughout the campground are provided for trash. No trash or trash bags are to be left outside.
31. Goosepond Colony Campground is operated in a family friendly manner and all campers should conduct themselves accordingly. Disorderly conduct, threatening behavior, belligerence, drugs, alcohol, etc. may result in immediate expulsion from the campground. Any camper that becomes unruly or is visibly intoxicated will be asked to leave the campground. If a disturbance is caused and police or security has to be called, you will be required to vacate the campsite with no refund and cannot return to the campground.
32. No bicycles out after dark. Do not ride bicycles across other campsites. Small children riding bicycles must be supervised by an adult. Children 15 years and under are required to wear a helmet while riding bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc.
33. No boats left in water tied to dock if person camping is not in campground. If not using your boat be courteous with docks.
34. No discharging of firearms or weapons allowed.
35. No outside refrigerators or freezers allowed on long term lots.